False eyelashes are made from small threads of nylon fibre or occasionally, real hair. They are attached to your natural lash hair imitating the natural eyelashes and making your lashes appear longer and thicker, and thereby drawing attention to the eye. There are two types that I can offer: semi-permanent individual lashes and strip lashes. Both can be as natural or as glamorous as you like, and are great fun! Some are available with little gems, feathers and colour for those of you who are feeling daring!
False lashes are applied for the following reasons:-
- To create shape and depth when completing a corrective eye make-up
- To add definition to the eye area
- To enhance and evening or fantasy make-up
- To provide thick, long lashes for photographic make-up
- To provide an alternative eyelash enhancing effect for a client who is allergic to mascara.
Strip Lashes are designed to be worn for a short period, either for a day or an evening. They are attached to the natural eyelashes with a soft, weak adhesive. They take around 20 minutes to apply and can be removed at home by yourself, and once correctly sanitised, may be re-used. They come in a variety of lengths and styles. They are great for all special occasions.
Semi Permanent Individual Lashes are attached to the natural lashes with a stronger adhesive. With very good care, they can be worn for up to 2 weeks, but are usually ideal for a special occasion or weekend.
They take approximately 30 minutes to apply and must be removed professionally.
These lashes are often good for clients who wish to go make-up free. These lashes may be replaced, as necessary, and they can be maintained. And are . They are designed to be used without mascara, but if you do choose to add some over the top, then use water-based product.
Tinting Eyelashes & Brows
Tinting Eyelashes & Brows
Eyebrows before threading
Eyebrows after threading
A skin test needs to be carried out at least 24 hours before the first time you have false lashes applied, to check your sensitivity to the adhesive. If you wear glasses, the false lashes must not be so long as to touch the lenses, and if the lens magnifies the eye, this must be taken into account, for some people, it may be best not to have false lashes. If you have any of the following, unfortunately you would not be able to have an eyelash treatment:-
- Skin Disease
- Skin disorder in the eye area, such as psoriasis or eczema
- Inflammation or swelling around the eye
- Hypersensitive skin
- An eye disorder for example, hordeola, conjunctivitis, blepharitis, watery eye or cysts
- An allergic reaction to the adhesive
- Contact lenses (unless removed)
Aftercare and Advice
- Avoid rubbing the eyes or the lashes may become loosened.
- Do not use an oil-based eye make-up remover as it would dissolve the adhesive. Use only dry powders or water-based eye make-up.
- If the lashes are made of synthetic material, heat will cause them to become frizzy. Avoid extremes of temperature, such as a hot sauna.
- Do not touch the eyes for 1.5 hours after application, while the adhesive dries thoroughly.
- Strip lashes can be removed by you. Simply hold the eyelid taut and gently pull the strip from the outer edge towards the inner corner of the eyelid. Once removed, the adhesive on the strip can be easily removed, and the then strip lash wiped over with eye make-up remover, washed in warm soapy water and rinsed.
If you have had Semi Permanent Individual Lashes applied, the following should also be note IN ADDITION to the above notes:-
- Use a non-oily eye make-up remover daily to gently cleanse the eyelids and eyelashes. Avoid contact with oil based preparations in the eye area such as moisturisers and cleansers - the oil content would dissolve the adhesive and the lashes would become detached
- Do not attempt to remove the lashes - pulling at the artificial lash would pull out the natural lash also
- After bathing, very gently pat around the eye area with a clean towel - you must be very gentle with the lashes
- You can have the false lashes maintained regularly. Lost individual lashes can be replaced as necessary, if you wish to maintain the look.